Digital Main Street
Helping Main Street Business Grow by Adopting Digital Tools & Technologies
Welcome to Digital Main Street
Digital Main Street is a program and service that helps main street businesses achieve digital transformation. The program is built around an online learning platform, structured training programs, and our Digital Service Squad, a team of highly trained recent graduates who help main street businesses grow and manage their business through the adoption of digital tools and technology.
Digital Main Street was created by and first launched by the Toronto Association of Business Improvement Areas (TABIA) in 2016 with direct support from the City of Toronto, and is also supported by a group of strategic corporate sponsors, including Google, MasterCard, Rogers, Microsoft and Shopify.
The Ontario Main Street Initiative
To help Ontario’s main street small businesses enhance their digital capabilities and online presence, the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA) and the Province of Ontario have partnered on a $12 million Digital Main Street initiative over three years. OBIAA is thrilled to be administering this program across the rest of Ontario by building on the Toronto-based program and expanding the services for small business across the province. This initiative will be completed by May 31, 2020. The deadline for applications for Digital Transformation Grants and Digital Service Squad Grants was December 31, 2019. No further applications will be accepted.
The Grants Programs may be closed, but Digital Main Street provides still offers great resources for small businesses:
- A full interactive web platform: access to a free Digital Assessment for business owners, a comprehensive vendor directory that businesses can leverage, as well as a cache of thought leadership content providing businesses with best practices, how-to guides, and real life examples of businesses going through digital transformation.
- Digital Online Training through the Digital Main Street Academy: a full suite of educational and instructive online training sessions to help main street businesses grow by adopting digital tools and technologies.
- Camp Tech Training: a series of free workshops and webinars, delivered by our training partner, Camp Tech, that will be available until June 30, 2020. Business owners are encouraged to sign up early for one of our four new webinars or attend a local in-person workshop. To check for workshops in your area or to sign up for our webinars, visit www.obiaa.com/training.
- Digital Vendors: over 700 digital vendors across Ontario have registered with DMS to give businesses access to numerous resources that can assist with their digital transformation.
- Resources: digitalmainstreet.ca is a comprehensive resource of interesting case studies, articles, tips and techniques; everything your small business needs for your digital transformation.