Digital Main Street 2.0
Helping Main Street Business Grow by Adopting Digital Tools & Technologies
Digital Transformation Grants
$2,500 Digital Transformation Grants for Main Street Small Businesses
Digital Main Street is a program focused on assisting main street small businesses with their adoption of technologies. Through a partnership with FedDev Ontario and the Province of Ontario, grant opportunities are available to enable this digital transformation process. The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program provides funding for training, advisory support, and grants to main street small businesses looking increase their capacity through digital transformation.
Every business that wants to apply for grant funding must first take an online assessment of their current technology use and meet the eligibility requirements. Next, they must complete the online training in order to develop a Digital Transformation Plan (DTP) that will detail their goals and review the technologies needed to achieve those goals. To help implement their DTP, eligible businesses can apply for a one-time grant of $2,500 to assist with the costs of adopting the suggested technologies.
How do I apply?
Applications for Digital Transformation Grants will open July 1st, 2020 and will continue to be accepted until November 30th, 2020. The process for businesses applying for a Digital Transformation Grant has two main stages.
**NOTE: businesses MUST have completed their assessment, passed the eligibility quiz, taken the online training, and developed their Digital Transformation Plan BEFORE applying.
Stage 1 – Application:
- Create an account on digitalmainstreet.ca/ontariogrants
- Complete their digital assessment
- Pass the eligibility evaluation (please refer to the DTG FAQs for full eligibility details.)
- Complete an online training program focused on developing their digital literacy skills
- Develop a Digital Transformation Plan (DTP)
- Submit an application to include detailed information on the DTP along with a detailed budget (costs net of HST)
- Submit a copy of their Articles of Incorporation (AOI) or business registration
- Submit a picture of their store front/business operations
Stage 2 – Review and Award:
- OBIAA will review the application and once approved, the business will receive an agreement to be executed by both the business owner and OBIAA
- Upon receipt of the signed agreement, OBIAA will release the $2,500 grant to the business to begin implementing the DTP